[sles-beta] changing default runlevel with systemctl command

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Fri Aug 14 03:51:44 MDT 2015

Hi,

On Fri, Aug 14, Gerd Pokorra wrote:

> The command 'systemctl set-default multi-user.target' returns without a
> message to the prompt, but the file link target
> of /usr/lib/systemd/system/default.target will not change from
> graphical.target to multi-user.target.

If that link changes or not is completly irrelevant.
Because you are looking at the wrong place.

The question is: if you boot the next time, does the
system come up in grpahical.target, or multi-user.target?

> Should I open a service request for this issue?

Only if the system comes up in graphical.target.

  Thorsten

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)