[sles-beta] changing default runlevel with systemctl command

Andreas Jaeger aj at suse.com
Fri Aug 14 04:18:32 MDT 2015

On 08/14/2015 11:22 AM, Gerd Pokorra wrote:
> The command 'systemctl set-default multi-user.target' returns without a
> message to the prompt, but the file link target
> of /usr/lib/systemd/system/default.target will not change from
> graphical.target to multi-user.target.
>
> Should I open a service request for this issue?
>
> # systemctl set-default multi-user.target
> # ls -l /usr/lib/systemd/system/default.target
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 10. Aug
> 20:03 /usr/lib/systemd/system/default.target -> graphical.target

Run "systemd-delta" to see how your system is different from the freshly
installed system.

You're also looking at the wrong place, /usr/lib/systemd is read-only,
changes are done in /etc/systemd to override /usr/lib/systemd.

Andreas
    GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton,
        HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)