[sles-beta] LWL links

Gerd Pokorra pokorra at uni-siegen.de
Fri Aug 21 22:02:50 MDT 2015

Hello Beta Team!

I replaced a Beta 1 installation on a DELL PowerEdge R730 with a Beta 2
installation.

I removed the default partitions and created one big ext4 partition for
it. This works fine.

During the installation I lost again the LWL links. Again I needed to
set them up to put the laser on.

ifconfig em1 up
ifconfig em2 up

When this once is done and the interfaces are configured at the next
boots the links came up alone and the network interfaces are working.

I think it would be nice that the installation program put up the links
before the network configuration could be done during the installation
if this is possible.

-- Gerd Pokorra