[sles-beta] SLES 12 SP1 BETA2 - Install new using LVM XTS

Waite, Dick (External) Dick.Waite at softwareag.com
Fri Aug 28 02:40:35 MDT 2015

Grand Day,
I'm having issues updating a SLES12-SP1 Beta1 to Beta2 if the file system is LVM with XTS. If it's all EXT3 then the update runs Okay.There is a SR on this. So I tried this morning to create a new install with a LVM and XTS. All goes well until I amend the size of the /home and create a /opt. When ones selects accepts one is told, on your bike, there is no "/" defined. Go back and leave all alone and one gets a file system... Anyone used the "Expert Partitioner" to create there own layout with XTS ? This is part of trying to find why a SLES12 SP1 Beta1 runs happy but will not update to Beta2. I am of course using VMware Workshop 12.0, but I don't see that giving the partitioner an issues. I'll let it build with a big /home and try amending after the build. I'll create a SR for the partitioner if it's not a know issue.

__R

Software AG – Sitz/Registered office: Uhlandstraße 12, 64297 Darmstadt, Germany – Registergericht/Commercial register: Darmstadt HRB 1562 - Vorstand/Management Board: Karl-Heinz Streibich (Vorsitzender/Chairman), Eric Duffaut, Dr. Wolfram Jost, Arnd Zinnhardt; - Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Andreas Bereczky - http://www.softwareag.com