[sles-beta] SLES 12 SP1 BETA2 - Update from path ..

Waite, Dick (External) Dick.Waite at softwareag.com
Mon Aug 31 10:29:09 MDT 2015

Grand Hot Afternoon,

FWIW I did try the VMware update route on some machines from SLES11-SP3 and other machines from SLES11-SP4 to SLES12-SP0 and SLES12-SP1 Beta1 and all made the trip in good health. I do create new machines at major levels but also like to bring older members of the family along too.
The grand subject of Tools are mentioned when one updates from 9.9.3 to 10.0.0 with SLES12. Can not remember the full wording but something like "VMware recommends using the open-vm tools from the Distro from SLES12 and not the Tools from VMware". I have tried both open-vm, libvm and the tools 10.0.0 and from my point of view they both worked, but I will used open-vm for SLES12 and keep to VMware 9.9.3 or 10.0.0 for SLES 10 and SLES 11.
Looking forward to Beta3 and a running LVM. Made a note to keep a few more ext3 only machines in the future ;o)
__R