[sles-beta] SLES 12 SP1 Beta3 - LVM Issues SR 10968311721

Mike Latimer mlatimer at suse.com
Mon Sep 14 18:01:47 MDT 2015

Hi Dick,

On Wednesday, September 09, 2015 07:41:36 AM Waite, Dick wrote:
> Grand New Wednesday, September 09, 2015
>
> Still pushing on my Beta3 issue. I created a new machine. It had a LVM with
> ext4's. I resized the /home and then I'm told I have no "/" any more.

I just wanted to confirm that I was able to duplicate the above problem (under
VMware ESXi), and updated bsc#945095 accordingly.

> This is not right. One can resize and add logical partitions on a new
> install or has the old brain given up. I do not create new machines very
> often but I do think I can resize /home or ? I did try this with a
> SLES12-SP0 and it did work as expected, attached some screenshots.
> Something is smelling in Beta3 in the LVM area. Could be VMware related
> sure but one gets issues right at the start.

I think the resize problem is a YaST problem, rather than anything at the LVM
level. However, I'm still looking into it. I have not seen any of the
journalctl problems you have described, but I'm continuing to test.

Thanks,
Mike