[sles-beta] Admin Server fails to boot on Xen

Mike Latimer mlatimer at suse.com
Wed Oct 28 13:55:52 MDT 2015

Hi Eugen,

On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 05:51:45 PM Eugen Block wrote:
> I just tried your suggestion. Before the system rebooted for the first
> time I took a look into the file system, the kernel ist there,
> nothings seems to be missing. So I guess I'm facing a different issue.
> What else can I try to figure that out?

I have tried several times to reproduce your problem using the default
partitioning scheme, but everything is working fine for me. However, if I
create an ext4 boot partition, I can see the grub problem you mentioned
earlier. Can you create an SR for this issue as soon as possible so we can
track our investigation into this?

Regarding the problem with the default partitioning scheme, can you enter an
SR on this as well? If nothing else, that will help ensure additional people
are looking into this also.

(I'll test under VMware shortly, to see if I encounter the issue Wesley
mentioned. I don't think it's the same issue, as I've never seen the kernel
get deleted in the way he described.)

Thanks,
Mike