[sles-beta] Major Autoyast problem / bug

Lukas Ocilka lukas.ocilka at suse.com
Mon Nov 9 07:05:52 MST 2015

On 9.11.2015 14:18, matthias.hofer at arz.at wrote:
> Hello SLES beta team,
>
> We cannot install SLES12 SP1 (RC3) with our autoyast configurtion, I get
> the following popup during installation initialization:
>
> Calling the YaST module `inst_autosetup has failed. More information can
> be found near the end of the '/var/log/YaST2/y2log' file.
>  This is worth reporting a bug at http://bugzilla.suse.com/. Please,
> attach also all YaST logs stored in the '/var/log/YaST2/' directory. See
> http://en.opensuse.org/Bugs/YaSTfor more information about YaST logs.
>
> But I don't know how to get these files, as we are in autoinstallation
> mode. What can we do?

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for the report. There are several ways of getting logs and it
depends on the state in which the AutoYast is

See https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Report_a_YaST_bug

Usually it's enough to switch to a console #2 by pressing Ctrl+Alt+F2
(Alt+F2) and then you have shell, network should be already up.
Alternatively you could send us your AutoYast profile, but we might not
be able to reproduce it.

All in all, bugreport in Bugzilla would be great. I'm adding two of our
AutoYast experts into Cc.

Thanks in advance
Lukas

SLE Department, SUSE Linux