[sles-beta] My feedback/summary

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Tue Dec 1 09:12:13 MST 2015

I just thought I would step up to the "microphone" and say a few words.
So, I know that I've been pretty quiet on this beta (compared with the SLES 12 and 11 SP4 beta), but that is because I've not uncovered issues this time. :)  My tests have been with various Dell hardware, Compellent SAN, XenServer, KVM, and VMware, as well as with our commonly used applications.
The one issue we had with 12.0 going into the beta was addressed, and the tests I have done with the various 12.1 betas have "just worked".  I think the only problem I had was early on with getting the systems registered, and that was a mix up with my SCC account. Since the list has been relatively quiet, I hope that others have had the same experience.

Anyway, from all I can tell, this release is in good shape, and I see an e-mail regarding the gold master has arrived in my inbox while I'm typing away at this message...
--
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer