[caasp-beta] Zypper repository in the documentation not working

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.com
Tue Apr 4 15:52:02 MDT 2017

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 04, Johannes Kastl wrote:

> the zypper repository, that is mentioned in the documentation
> (https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/caasp-beta/doc-bonus/#cloud-init) as
> an example, is not a valid repository. At least download.suse.de does
> not work (error in zypper and in a browser), and on download.suse.com
> there is no .../ibs/ directory.
>
> I guess this might be related to not having a subscription for Caas.

No, it is related to that this is only an exmaple.

> If this is the reason, this should be pointed out in the documentation.
> Otherwise the example should contain a valid link...

That's not possible, since we don't know the URL of your local
install server ...

It is an example how to add zypp based repositories. You could add
whatever you want/need. This is not an example how to get CaaSP online
for free. And it is not for adding repositories, for which you have a
subscription. This ones needs still be added with SUSEconnect.

  Thorsten