[caasp-beta] IP address of controller node is used too dynamically

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.com
Wed Apr 5 02:24:55 MDT 2017

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 05, Thomas Schulte wrote:

> When you start bootstrapping the workers, they seem to be advised to use the
> controller IP which is used by the browser that accesses the webgui.

That's a bug. Can you please open a bug report so that we get this fixed?

> During my investigation I also noticed that the autoyast file (generated by the
> controller) contains a script which sets the salt master IP on the worker.
>
> This IP is also dynamic and reflects the controller’s IP depending on the
> browser’s request address.

I assume it's using the same code.

If you want to have more control about what's in the autoyast profile
and maybe overwrite some values, you can use the 'create_autoyast_profile'
command on the console of the administration node.

  Thanks,
   Thorsten