[caasp-beta] Alternate kubernetes configuration (kube-master + kube-minion roles)

Alejandro Bonilla abonilla at suse.com
Thu Apr 6 17:48:14 MDT 2017

Hi -

I’m not going to respond on whether that is supported or not or what is our plan on this going forward considering security, routing, etc.

But one could edit

	https://github.com/kubic-project/salt/blob/master/salt/top.sls

(I don’t have my cluster with me now so look for the top.sls on the Admin? node)

Make it look like

  'roles:kube-master':
    - match: grain
    - kubernetes-master
    - flannel
    - docker
    - kubernetes-minion
    - reboot

Then deploy from the Dashboard. You may be able to update an already running environment by doing the above and then running "salt '*’ state.apply"

I don’t know if this would work.

Thanks,
Alejandro