[caasp-beta] Antw: Re: Antw: Re: Antw: Re: tcpdump

Rob de Canha-Knight rob.decanha-knight at suse.com
Thu Dec 7 08:25:37 MST 2017

It’s also worth mentioning that we have privileged containers enabled within CaaSP so the vast majority of debugging containers should work without issue when you pass —privileged into the docker run command.

As Martin points out we try to keep the security surface as small as possible by only installing the bare minimum needed to run containers. MicroOS is designed to only run containers and isn’t recommended for running any kind of binary or package so a debug container is the best approach IMHO.

If you have a specific issue with a specific tool inside of a privileged debug container please let us know as we can definitely look into this and try and fix any compatibility issues that may arise.

Rob

Sent from my iPhone - please excuse any shortness