[caasp-beta] [caasp-beta3] NTP setup

Ns, Rushi rushi.ns at sap.com
Tue May 9 12:30:26 MDT 2017

Hi Vincent, THorsten

This is regards to NTP option is being added to BETA3.

What I notice is that its only promoted to enter NTP server details when you select System Role “Administrtion dashboard” but not when you select Cluster Node role.

Best Regards,

Rushi.
I MAY BE ONLY ONE PERSON, BUT I CAN BE ONE PERSON WHO MAKES A DIFFERENCE

On 4/10/17, 5:28 PM, "caasp-beta-bounces at lists.suse.com on behalf of Vincent Moutoussamy" <caasp-beta-bounces at lists.suse.com on behalf of vmoutoussamy at suse.com> wrote:

    Hi,

    FYI, Thorsten is referencing this message:

    > as you should have noticed, the administration dashboard of CaaSP generates
    > a certificate during the first login for communication with the cluster.
    > Such a certificate only works, if the date/time on all machines in the
    > cluster is correct.
    >
    > Our cloud-init documentation contains an example, how to configure ntpd
    > with cloud-init during the first boot.
    > If you don't want to use cloud-init, please configure ntpd yourself.
    > If you don't want to use ntpd, you could also use systemd-timesyncd.
    > For this, adjust /etc/systemd/timesyncd.conf and enable it with:
    > # timedatectl set-ntp true
    >
    > For Beta3 we will think about a mechanism to automatically setup
    > time synchronisation in the cluster.

    I will add this message to the known issue section
    (https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/caasp-beta/#releasenotes).

    For inclusion of the NTP message in the “Installation Guide”, let’s wait for the
    potential mechanism in Beta 3.

    Vincent Moutoussamy
    SUSE Beta Program and SDK Project Manager