[caasp-beta] beta3 try1 - cluster bootstrap stuck

Denis Kulagin deniskulagin at foxwilder.com
Fri May 12 16:25:05 MDT 2017

Hi All,

Just found out about this list. And wanted to share my experience here and
ask a few questions.

Trying beta3 now. First downloaded VMware image, booted it and... nothing
happens :) Only port 22 is open, couldn't find root password. Pinged my
friend David, who recommended installing from ISOs. Though I'm lazy - I
actually did. Installation went smoothly on blank VMware image. However,
you have to say I will install OS later, do not use easy/auto install
VMware offers, it messes up the installer.

I was able to log into controller node. Created account.

Created a brand new VMware image with the same ISO for the first worker
node. Installed with "autoyast=http://<my_ip>/autoyast netsetup=dhcp". It
did show up in the console with the hostname linux. At this point I decided
to create one more to have dedicated master. Did the same exact install for
the second worker, it finished successfully, but never showed up in the
console.

So now I have only one node with id 1 and hostname 'linux' and I try to
bootstrap. Its been hanging out for an hour now and I believe its stuck.

One more thing to mention - I did not provide NTP server.

Any ideas? I'm thinking I will try this scenario one more time tomorrow
with the ntp server. And then with just one worker node (somehow I'm
suspicion about both working may have the same 'linux' hostname...).

Denis Kulagin
deniskulagin at foxwilder.com
+1 (212) 706-0172