[caasp-beta] [ANNOUNCE] SUSE Container as a Service Platform 2 Beta 1 is available!
SUSE Beta Program
beta-programs at lists.suse.com
Fri Sep 8 10:13:48 MDT 2017
We are happy to announce the SUSE Container as a Service Platform 2 Beta 1:
We are happy to announce SUSE CaaS Platform 2 Beta 1!
Please check out our dedicated SUSE CaaS Platform Beta web page, where you will
find all the information needed around SUSE CaaS Platform Beta.
What’s New with Beta SUSE CaaS Platform 2?
- porting SUSE MicroOS to SLE12SP3
- updated to Kubernetes 1.7
- updated to Go 1.8
- Improve performance and extend your platform with Kubernetes v1.7
- Improve performance with StatefulSets to more quickly start and scale stateful
applications that do not have ordering requirements, with automated, rolling
updates of stateful applications, and with new support for smart rollback of
- Extend Kubernetes to meet your needs with your own custom interfaces, or with
third party APIs, using Kubernetes v1.7 API aggregation capabilities.
- Increase the availability and reliability of your cluster with Kubernetes Multi-Master
setup now integrated with SUSE CaaS Platform
- Leverage new hardware with an updated version of SUSE MicroOS
- SUSE MicroOS has been rebased on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP3, the latest
version of SUSE Linux Enterprise server, and is supported on the same, expanded set
of hardware platforms.
- Take advantage of more hardware platforms, including the new Intel Xeon® Processor
Scalable family as well as AMD EPYC™ and Ryzen™ processors.
- And more features and technical details will be revealed during the Beta phase!
Things to consider for this Beta?
Your DHCP server should provide resolveable hostnames. If this is not the case like with libvirt/KVM, you should consider providing one yourself by appending this kernel parameter "hostname=HOSTNAME" during installation.
However, the kubeconfig file downloaded from the Dashboard could contain an incorrect "server" hostname that should be replaced with the IP address of your Master. For more information read: https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Linuxrc#Network_Configuration
If you install via autoyast or one of the provided VMX beta images (KVM,Xen,VMware,...) please set a password or SSH key via cloud-init to be able to login.
Have fun beta testing!
Your SUSE Linux Enterprise Team
Please refer to our dedicated SUSE CaaSP Beta Program webpage for any general
information. However, do not hesitate to contact us at
beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you have any questions.
You received this email because you're signed up to get updates from us.
Please send an email to beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you want to
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the caasp-beta