[caasp-beta] [ANNOUNCE] SUSE Container as a Service Platform 2 RC 1 is available!

SUSE Beta Program beta-programs at lists.suse.com
Fri Sep 22 08:44:30 MDT 2017

We are happy to announce the SUSE Container as a Service Platform 2 RC 1:
Download[2]

We are happy to announce SUSE CaaS Platform 2 Release Candidate 1!

Please check out our dedicated SUSE CaaS Platform Beta web page[1], where you will
find all the information needed around SUSE CaaS Platform Beta.

What’s New with SUSE CaaS Platform 2 RC1?
=====
- K8s Multi-Master: Kubernetes Multi Master for building High-Availability Clusters
- caasp-cli : It's the new command line client for interacting with a CaaS Platform cluster. See https://github.com/kubic-project/caasp-cli for details
- Dex: Dex is an identity service that uses OpenID Connect to drive authentication for other apps. See https://github.com/coreos/dex
for details.
- OpenLDAP2: OpenLDAP2 running on an SLE12 container guest

Things to consider for this Beta?
=====
- DHCP

Your DHCP server should provide resolveable hostnames. If this is not the case like with libvirt/KVM, you should consider providing one yourself by appending this kernel parameter "hostname=HOSTNAME" during installation.

However, the kubeconfig file downloaded from the Dashboard could contain an incorrect "server" hostname that should be replaced with the IP address of your Master. For more information read: https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Linuxrc#Network_Configuration

- Autoyast/VMX-Images

If you install via autoyast or one of the provided VMX beta images (KVM,Xen,VMware,...) please set a password or SSH key via cloud-init to be able to login.

Release schedule[4]
Release Notes[5]
Documentation[6]

Have fun beta testing!
  Your SUSE Linux Enterprise Team

  Please refer to our dedicated SUSE CaaSP Beta Program webpage[1] for any general
  information. However, do not hesitate to contact us at
  beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you have any questions.

  You received this email because you're signed up to get updates from us.
  Please send an email to beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you want to
  unsubscribe.

[1]https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/caasp-beta
[2]https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/caasp-beta/#download