[caasp-beta] [ANNOUNCE] SUSE CaaS Platform 3 Release Candidate 1 is out!

SUSE Beta Program beta-programs at lists.suse.com
Tue Jun 12 13:48:25 MDT 2018

We are happy to announce the SUSE CaaS Platform 5 Release Candidate 1:
Download[2]

Please check out our dedicated SUSE CaaS Platform Beta web page[1], where you
will find all the information needed around SUSE CaaS Platform Beta.

What’s New with SUSE CaaS Platform 3 Beta?
=====
- Ability to run offline deployments with a proxy registry
- Enhanced performance, extensibility, and hardware support with Kubernetes 1.9
and SUSE MicroOS updates
- Enhanced debugging tools delivered via a new Toolchain module for SUSE CaaS
Platform with a registered system
- There is now an option in Velum to retry failed orchestrations
- We enabled Node removal on a bootstrapped cluster in our dashboard Velum

Fixed in Release Candidate 1
====
- (bsc#1090067) CaaSP CPI does now work on OpenStack with self-signed CA,
- (bsc#1080978 Enhanced stability during upgrade from CaaSP 2,
- (bsc#1087447) A space entered before fqdn of the master in UI caused orchestration
to fail,
- and other performance and UI enhancements.

Things to consider for this Beta?
=====
- Autoyast/VMX-Images
If you install via autoYaST or one of the provided VMX beta images (KVM, Xen,
VMware,...) please set a password or SSH key via cloud-init to be able to login.

- DHCP
Your DHCP server should provide resolveable hostnames. If this is not the case
like with libvirt/KVM, you should consider providing one yourself by appending
this kernel parameter "hostname=HOSTNAME" during installation.

However, the kubeconfig file downloaded from the Dashboard could contain an
incorrect "server" hostname that should be replaced with the IP address of your
Master.
For more information read: https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Linuxrc#Network_Configuration

Release schedule[4]
Documentation[5]

Have fun beta testing!
  Your SUSE CaaS Platform Team

  Please refer to our dedicated SUSE CaaSP Beta Program webpage[1] for any general
  information. However, do not hesitate to contact us at
  beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you have any questions.

  You received this email because you're signed up to get updates from us.
  Please send an email to beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you want to
  unsubscribe.

[1]https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/caasp-beta
[2]https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/caasp-beta/#download