[caasp-beta] Testing results found with CaaSP 4 RC1

Simon Briggs Simon.Briggs at suse.com
Wed Aug 21 10:56:39 MDT 2019

Hi,

I have been testing this using terraform CPI on OpenStack.

Initially all looked good as the output of the terraform apply showed that generate-cpi-conf.sh had been called and skuba had successfully built the CaaSP cluster.

But when I ran "skuba cluster status" I got:
E0821 17:45:29.421056   10829 status.go:34] unable to get cluster status: unable to get admin client set: could not load admin kubeconfig file: failed to load admin kubeconfig: open admin.conf: no such file or directory

Checking the system for a directory structure named "my-cluster" (as detailed in the skuba command ran by generate-cpi-conf.sh) I was unable to find any files of that name on the local VM (working as my manager/deployer) I was using for testing and so could not workout how to debug this further.

To get around this I moved cloud-provider.tf out of the way stopping the script running skuba being called, but when I manually tried to bootstrap the cluster I saw this error from "skuba node bootstrap --user sles --sudo --target 151.155.15.74 caasp-master-sibriggs-caasp-cluster-0". (see attached file)

Sorry If I have made an config mistake to cause this, but I have checked and rechecked this and cannot see it and the start of a weeks vacation is calling me away from doing any more tests.

I have stopped the machines on OpenStack, but they can be restarted if you need a look (I can do this and get you access from were I'm staying)

Hope it helps.

Kind regards
Simon Briggs
EMEA Cloud Technical Strategist at SUSE