[caasp-beta] Problem adding additional node to cluster after 24h

Rafael Fernandez Lopez rfernandezlopez at suse.com
Fri Jul 19 06:06:52 MDT 2019

Hello,

On Fri, 2019-07-19 at 11:36 +0000, roy.siek at innogy.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I found a workaround and like to share my solution but I don't know
> if it is working for all having the same issue:
>
> Start by "skuba node join --v 9 --role worker --target $HOSTNAME
> $HOSTNAME"
>
> Updating the whole cluster (still in beta status) did not work for
> me.
>
> There is a hint in the kubeadm forums that the join token for kubeadm
> get's invalid after 24h
> In this rare case you can just hop to you first kubernetes master and
> type:
> kubeadm token create --print-join-command

When joining a new node from the cluster definition folder, `skuba`
will create this token automatically for you (using the `admin.conf`
kubeconfig file in the cluster definition folder) and insert it on the
configuration of the new node that is joining, so there should be no
need to worry about the join token.

Thank you,
Rafa.