[caasp-beta] platform architecture and filesystem

Le Bihan Stéphane (AMUNDI-ITS) stephane.lebihan at amundi.com
Mon Sep 9 08:30:21 MDT 2019

Hi all,

In CAAS v3 we have dedicated devie for /var/lib/docker.

For Caas V4, we also want to use this device.
But I see copy-and-write is disable for subvolume /var on base installation SLES15.

So, from your opinion, what is best solution :

·         Keep /var on subvolumes with no copy-and-write, and mount device in /var/lib/container

·         Mout device on /var (But I can see where in autoyast or other I can disble copy-and-write with no subvolume)

·         Mount device on /var, create subvolume with no copy-ad-write for /var/lib/container, /var/lib/kubelet, /var/lib/crio etc ....