[caasp-beta] platform architecture and filesystem

Jordi Massaguer Pla jmassaguerpla at suse.de
Wed Sep 18 03:15:13 MDT 2019

On 09/18/2019 10:38 AM, Le Bihan Stéphane (AMUNDI-ITS) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks Flavio.
> It confirms what I thought.
>
> In beta, I keep /var/lib subvolume default, but I mount another device, on /var/lib/containers with btrfs and COW.
> For information, if you do this, think to change mount dependencies in system.

Thanks for reporting this. We have a bug identified as bsc#1151028 for
tracking this issue now. Cri-o is checking if /var/lib is mounted with
btrfs filesystem, and if so it changes the configuration to use that driver.

However, this is not tacking into account that the user could mount
/var/lib/containers with a different filesystem, and this is the issue.
Our  Engineers are looking into this.

Thanks again for the feedback

> Regards,

Jordi Massaguer Pla