[Containers] SLES Docker + HA

Flavio Castelli fcastelli at suse.com
Mon Mar 7 04:31:25 MST 2016

On 03/07/2016 11:21 AM, Piotr Szewczuk wrote:
> My customer wants to know what is our recommended and supported environment for clustering docker.
> In small environment can we run Docker with SLES HA and DRBD. Just like is outlined here:
> https://www.thomas-krenn.com/en/wiki/HA_Cluster_with_Linux_Containers_based_on_Heartbeat,_Pacemaker,_DRBD_and_LXC

This documentation is about linux containers using LXC. Nothing prevents
you from using the same techniques with Docker. However there are
dedicated orchestration solutions for Docker containers that allow you
to manage a cluster of Docker hosts.

> The second question is whether we support Docker Swarm?
> https://docs.docker.com/swarm/install-manual/

We are currently evaluating different orchestration solutions for Docker
containers. We are going to deliver one as part of our next milestone.
In the meantime it would be interesting to know the requirements and use
cases of your customer.

Cheers
Flavio