When will we offer TLS 1.3 support for Kubernetes and etcd in CaaSP

Brian Rackliffe brian.rackliffe at suse.com
Thu Jan 7 12:13:44 MST 2021

I have a customer who wants TLS 1.3 support in Kubernetes and etcd.
I see Kubernetes added TLS 1.3 support in version 1.9, and we currently offer 1.8.
I don't see mention in our Kubernetes changelogs about TLS 1.3 support, nor in our CaaSP release notes.

Am I right in assuming TLS 1.3 will not be backported to Kubernetes 1.8?

Do we have a date planned when we will make Kubernetes 1.9+ available in our repos?

Thanks!