[Deepsea-users] DeepSea execution progress tracking POC

Larry Morris lmorris at suse.com
Thu Aug 17 09:28:46 MDT 2017

Ricardo:

Very nice addition.

Best,

Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: deepsea-users-bounces at lists.suse.com [mailto:deepsea-users-bounces at lists.suse.com] On Behalf Of Ricardo Dias
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:47 AM
To: ceph at suse.de; deepsea-users at lists.suse.com
Subject: [Deepsea-users] DeepSea execution progress tracking POC

Hi all,

During my vacations I played a bit with salt events and I did a small POC of how we could show the progress of DeepSea execution.

Currently the POC is just listening the salt event bus for DeepSea events and shows a progress bar when some DeepSea stage is executed.

Follow the link to see this POC in action:

https://asciinema.org/a/tHrLWgtWJve92d8pyYNxpyUKN

In the video, I run stage 0-4 in an external session, and the video shows the progress bar for each stage that is executed.

Hope you like it!
--
Ricardo Dias
Senior Software Engineer - Storage Team