[Deepsea-users] Choosing unittesting frameworks

Lenz Grimmer lgrimmer at suse.com
Tue Jan 31 06:42:41 MST 2017

Hi,

On 01/31/2017 01:12 PM, Joshua Schmid wrote:

> we also will use mocking quite extensively. We have only one options
> here: Mock, which is a standalone lib in py2.7 but was adopted in the
> native unittest lib in py3.x. (There is also a thin wrapper for pytest
> called pytest-mocker but this is out of scope here I guess.)
>
> I don't have a strong opinion because I basically just started reading..
> If anyone has a profound python background, please speak up now :)
>
> I currently lean towards pytest + mock.

FWIW, we use the Django Test framework for unit testing in openATTIC,
which is based on the "unittest" Python standard library module.

https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/testing/

This module is also a core component of our "gatling" REST API testing
framework.

We also make use of "mock" in many places.

Lenz
--
SUSE Linux GmbH - Maxfeldstr. 5 - 90409 Nuernberg (Germany)
GF:Felix Imendörffer,Jane Smithard,Graham Norton,HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)