[Deepsea-users] Antw: Re: Add management of disks/devices that already have partitions

Michael Bukva Michael.Bukva at suse.com
Sun Jul 2 20:38:37 MDT 2017

[ Disclaimer: deepsea & Ceph newbie ;) ]

How can I tell that deepsea has ignored, as opposed to ‘failed to detect’ certain disks?

That sub-problem, is actually *the* problem for relative newbies IMO.

Doing Stuff to disks aggressively is often not a good idea (!) Urging an admin to do Stuff to disks just at the moment they are under pressure to press “deploy” is a less bad idea that comes with added complexities, as discussed well on this thread. A third option is simply to tell folks what you did. A ‘silent ignore’ of disks is not that. Naïve or not, I hope ‘documenting ignores’ for clarity is a low impact enhancement for deepsea relative to other approaches.

Regards,
-MB