[Deepsea-users] add arbitrary pieces to ceph.conf

Jan Fajerski jfajerski at suse.com
Thu May 11 01:10:25 MDT 2017

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 03:12:06PM +1000, Tim Serong wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>Forgive my ignorance - how do I use DeepSea to add an arbitrary extra
>piece to ceph.conf?  Lets say, for example, I want this added:
>
>  [mgr]
>  mgr modules = fsstatus restful
>
>Where do I put it?  Do I edit
>/srv/salt/ceph/configuration/files/ceph.conf.j2?  That works, BTW, but I
>imagine it will be overwritten next time I upgrade my deepsea package...
You are absolutely correct. Works but is not the right way. The current way is
unfortunately a bit convoluted:
- add your own /srv/salt/ceph/configuration/files/ceph-custom.confj2
- add your own /srv/salt/ceph/configuration/files/custom.sls
  This looks bassically like the default.sls but uses your custom config
- add configuration_init: custom to the pillar (in
  /srv/pillar/ceph/stack/global.yml iirc)

So yeah its not straight forward. There are plans to make all this more
comfortable: https://github.com/SUSE/DeepSea/issues/205. Feel free to add more
requirements, opinions and such. I'd like to see this feature soon.

>Thanks,
>
>Tim
>--
>Tim Serong