[Deepsea-users] Missing disk profiles

Joshua Schmid jschmid at suse.de
Wed Oct 11 10:42:51 MDT 2017

Hi Robert,

Robert Grosschopff <Robert.Grosschopff at suse.com> wrote on Wed, 11. Oct 16:04:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to set up SES 5 from the repositories supplied by the SCC.
>
> After stage 1 /srv/pillar/ceph/proposls does not show any profile*DISK* directories which seems a bit strange.
>
> Deepsea is version 0.7.27+git.0.274c55d
>
> Any hints why these directories might be missing ?

You might want to check if the disks on your data nodes are actually
unpartitioned. If that's the case you should see entries in:

salt -I 'roles:storage' pillar.get ceph

If that's not the case try:

salt -I 'roles:storage' cephdisks.list

Internally this invokes hwinfo, so when you don't see any data coming
your way there is something wrong with the disks/partitions.

> Thanks
> 	Robert

Joshua Schmid
Software Engineer