[Machinery] Announcing Machinery 1.4.0
thardeck at suse.de
Wed Feb 18 09:31:14 MST 2015
the Machinery team is happy to announce the release of Machinery 1.4.0.
Machinery is a systems management toolkit for Linux:
This release introduces inspection of Red Hat Linux Enterprise 6 systems.
In combination with the previously introduced inspection support for the
architectures s390x and ppc64le Machinery is now able to inspect an even
wider range of systems.
The changes in detail are:
## Version 1.4.0
* Support inspection of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 systems
* Introduce system description format version 3 (see
* Usability improvements of the HTML view (gh#SUSE/machinery#359)
* Speed up `machinery list` command
## Version 1.3.0
* Added support for inspecting System z systems
* Added support for inspecting POWER LE systems
* Added support to run Machinery on System z
* Added support to run Machinery on POWER LE
* Handle system description errors as warnings
* Added `machinery upgrade-format --force` command
The new Machinery version will be available via the „Advanced Systems
Management“ module on SLES 12.
It is also available for openSUSE via our homepage
We are looking forward to your feedback.
Your Machinery team
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild,
Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton, HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
More information about the Machinery