[manager-beta] Unable to install system with yomi

Alberto Planas Dominguez aplanas at suse.com
Mon Apr 20 06:48:02 MDT 2020

From: manager-beta <manager-beta-bounces at lists.suse.com> on behalf of Alberto Planas Dominguez <aplanas at suse.com>

Just some updates for the feedback:

The jeos-firstboot dialog request for SUSEConnect is not present now in Uyuni nor in Manager:Head

>> Then logging into that server I see that the master has been set to
>> salt. This means that you have to have a DNS entry for salt. This is in
>> my opinion a very bad idea. The master should be given with a parameter
>> during boot.

> Right. You can change that adding "master=server.example.org" in the kernel
> command line, during the cobbler registration.

There is a PR that document this use case, there is also documentation in Yomi for this parameter.

>> Configuring the formulas show that there is still a lot to be done. Some
>> examples:

>> Yomi Storage:
>> - when selecting btrfs for /, I would expect that the default
>> sub-volumes are set automatically. This is not the case.

This is not going to be on time for the release. This depends on something bigger, that is the salt classes, or something equivalent.

>> - filesystem xfs is not present. And this is mostly used especially for
>> data volumes.

Done. There is a SR to Uyuni and Manager:Head open with this feature.

I will update the status of the rest of the comments when there are changes.