[manager-beta] welcome SUSE Manager 4.1 Beta

Pförtsch, Franz Franz.Pfoertsch at brose.com
Thu Mar 26 03:40:18 MDT 2020

Thank a lot for the quick response!
I am very happy to hear the status about ubuntu.

yes, I want to preseed something. I have done something like this (store the preseed file as kickstarter), but the cobbler-part is not prepared to handle ubuntu/debian style. So I filled in SLES stuff as fake 🙁

I will try Yomi, but this is very new to me. And may be some more additonal environment is needed.

The apt-cacher-ng is needed because, when I am doing the installation from the scratch the already synced repos could not be used.
There are no kickstarter repos available. The repos could only be used when the server is already registered in the SUSE Manager.

So I do the initial install using the apt-cache-ng on top SUSE Manager and after this I register to SUSE Manager.

Yes, you are right, I saw the release note about 4.0.5 but I did not found the documentation about the provisioning_api. Is there a special section in the Manual?

thanks a lot.
Franz