Fail to boot SLE-Micro 5.1 Beta2 on qemu-arm

Ignaz Forster iforster at suse.de
Fri Aug 13 14:40:59 UTC 2021

Am 13.08.21 um 16:25 Uhr schrieb Brice Dekany:
> My new question now is: how do I/we test the ignition process and app
> deployement without spending ages on flashing sdcard?

You can just append the kernel parameter `ignition.firstboot` in GRUB -
Ignition will run again then - no need to reflash. If you have write
access to the system already you can also delete the file
/boot/writable/firstboot_happened (/boot writable is a separate
subvolume) to retrigger an Ignition run.

I'd recommend to also append `rd.break` as an additional kernel
parameter to prevent health-checker from just restarting the system in
case of an error.

As written in the last mail the aarch64 image only seems to work on a
real Raspberry Pi for now.

Ignaz
--
Ignaz Forster <iforster at suse.com>