[sle-beta] Who is using SLP (Service Location Protocol)?

Rob de Canha-Knight rob.decanha-knight at suse.com
Mon Dec 4 18:48:23 MST 2017

I'm doing it part out of Laziness:
Using SLP to distribute out NTP servers to my various sle machines (and in particular CaaSP admin nodes so I spend less time typing when doing an admin node install).
Not noticed any issues with it so far in 15 but I'm only using it for NTP.
(as a side note; if our installer would obtain the NTP servers provided by DHCP like they get all other network config I provide then I'd have no use for SLP at all)

-----
Rob de Canha-Knight
EMEA Platform and Management Technical Strategist
SUSE
rob.decanha-knight at suse.com
(P)  +44 (0) 1635 937689
(M) +44 (0) 7392 087303