[sle-beta] problems to boot/install sle12 on an VirtualBox system

Michal Nowak mnowak at suse.com
Wed Nov 8 02:15:00 MST 2017

On 08/11/17 08:42, Wolf, Matthias wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i download the first dvd and checksum is ok, but I can not boot from
> install medium in an VirtualBox VM.
>
> Error MSG:
>
> FATAL: Could not read from the boot medium! System hated.
>
> Other iso`s works fine L
>
> It`s also possible to mount the iso on an linux system (also VirtualBox VM).
>
> Have someone else the same Problems?
>
> THX
>
> Matthias

Hello Matthias,

I just successfully installed SLES15 from Beta1 ISO medium in VirtualBox
5.1.30 from openSUSE repositories. Can it be that your "Could not read
from the boot medium" problem is more of a file permissions problem on
the host? Do you have read permission on the ISO file on the host? Do
the file permissions of the Beta1 image differ to permissions of images
which work for you?

Michal