[sle-beta] Beta3 post install software installation

Thorsten Kukuk kukuk at suse.de
Wed Nov 29 14:01:06 MST 2017

On Wed, Nov 29, Joe Doupnik wrote:

>     In my view, the /etc/ssl construction prior to SLES15 is superior,
> clear, manageable, and what we have wired into our applications.

How can the /etc/ssl construct prior to SLES15 be superior if it is
identical between SLES12 and SLES15?

Maybe you should start at first in your bug reports with what you are
exactly doing and what the exact error messages are? Beside that it is
not working on one machine for you, there is not much we can use to
identify the root cause.
Start for example with the error message of update-ca-certifiates.

Beside that, if changing the libssl.so symlink makes a different for you,
that you have some broken third party RPMs flying around somewhere.
libssl.so is only used for linking applications, it should never be
needed at runtime. If you have applications which needs this link at
runtime, you have lost. This will never work stable.
And libssl.so is coming with a *-devel RPM. And the *.so symlink has
to match exactly the header files, else compiling and linking will
never work, too. If you have the wrong *-devel package installed,
you should deinstall it and install the right one, not changing
symlinks.

  Thorsten