[sle-beta] Missing content file in installer

Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca luizluca at tre-sc.jus.br
Tue Oct 31 10:09:20 MDT 2017

Hi,

> It was already deprecated with SLE12 since no tool did need it.
> So with SLE15 we finally removed it.

Well, I had built a tool that used this info in order to build PXE config. :)

It is not a big deal to adapt it. Could you point me where I can get a similar
data as /content had in current media layout? I would like a pretty name
(i.e.: "SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 SP 2"), and, if possible, a numeric name (i.e.: 15.2).
Something very similar to a /etc/os-release.

Using grep, I found /.treeinfo. Is it the way to go?

Luiz Angelo Daros de Luca
Tribunal Regional Eleitoral de Santa Catarina
STI/CSIT/Seção de Comunicação de Dados
e-mail: luizluca at tre-sc.jus.br
jabber: luizluca at tre-sc.gov.br
fone: +55 48 3251-7458