[sle-beta] LEAP 15 et al

Richard Brown rbrown at suse.de
Tue Apr 3 02:10:06 MDT 2018

On Tue, 2018-04-03 at 09:27 +0200, Richard Brown wrote:

> On 3. Apr 2018, at 06:19, Waite, Dick (External) <Dick.Waite at softwareag.com> wrote:
>
> > Grand Morning,
> >
> > It was a wet Easter here, so I had a look at LEAP 15 ( was known as LEAP 42.3 ). It's available at http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/leap/15.0/iso/ and they are looking for Beta people. So if you haven't had enough with SLES 15 be a hobby Beta with LEAP 15. For those missing your favorite DM the KDE on LEAP 15 is good , I'm sure Gnome is there too... I have been running with Windows 10 Beta's for the past couple of years and with RS4 coming out very soon, it good to see KDE can compete with what is good crisp pictures on Win 10 RS4.
> >
> > openSUSE LEAP 15 has no SCC or Register stuff , just zppper DUP for updates and then zypper UP when it's GA, about end of May start of June.  So if you have the time, enjoy SLES 15 with KDE, go LEAP 15 and enjoy.
> >
> > Now back to the day job...
> >
> > __R
>
> Thanks for the kind words & attention Dick.
>
> There is one thing I would like to add. We aim for Leap 15 to be the first openSUSE release with a supported migration path to SLE 15
>
> I believe the process is documented in the SLE 15 Beta documentation
>
> I would personally appreciate it if any of the beta testers on this list could find the time to try it out.
>
> We’re testing it heavily internally, but as this is one feature we can’t expect the openSUSE community to test much (due to the absence of SLE 15 codes), the participants of this beta programme could be a great help
>
> Regards
>
> Richard
> openSUSE Chairman

For reference, here's the current documentation for migrating Leap to SLE 15

https://susedoc.github.io/doc-sle/develop/SLES-upgrade/html/cha.upgrade-online.html#sec.upgrade-online.opensuse_to_sle

--
Richard Brown
Linux Distribution Engineer - Future Technology Team

Phone +4991174053-361
SUSE Linux GmbH,  Maxfeldstr. 5,  D-90409 Nuernberg
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)