[sle-beta] [ANNOUNCE] SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 12 Service Pack 4 Beta!

SUSE Beta Program beta-programs at lists.suse.com
Mon Aug 20 07:16:40 MDT 2018

We are happy to announce that SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP
Applications 12 SP4 is now also available as part of the SUSE Linux
Enterprise Public Beta program. You can download it here[2].

With Service Pack 4 we are going to introduce some new exciting features
while still maintaining the stability and feature set of Service Pack 3.

Here are some selected new features we are going to introduce especially
for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for SAP Applications 12 SP4:

1. To maintain the high performance of SAP systems we are adding
Workload Memory Protection as a better performing alternative to the
existing Page Cache Management. This feature is based on open source
cgroup and provides a highly scalable solution to protect the memory
where SAP applications store data for fast access from Linux kernel
memory management.

2. Non-Volatile Dual In-line Memory Module (NV-DIMM) support for
disk-less databases paves the way for instant database recovery after
system reboots.

3. For deploying pre-configured HANA-SR environments we are offering an
unattended installation mode for the HANA-SR wizard on bare-metal
servers. In order to use it, you first have to create a configuration
file by running the YaST sap_ha module manually and save the
configuration on the last screen. This configuration can now be used for
automatic deployments using following CLI-commands:

3.1 yast2 sap_ha readconfig <config file path>
   to upload and validate the configuration automatically

3.2 yast2 sap_ha readconfig <config file path> unattended
   for an unattended import, validation and installation of the
   cluster, based on the provided configuration file

== More informations
SLE Beta Page[1]
Release Notes[3]
Known Issues[4]

We are thankful for your support in trying out our beta products and we welcome
your feedback.

Have fun beta testing!

  Your SUSE Linux Enterprise and SUSE SAP Team

  Please refer to our dedicated SLE Beta Program webpage[1] for any general
  information. However, do not hesitate to contact us at
  beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you have any questions.

  You received this email because you're signed up to get updates from us.
  Please send an email to beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you want to
  unsubscribe.

[1]https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/
[2]https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#download