[sle-beta] SLES15 beta 6, initial observation

Jiri Srain jsrain at suse.cz
Mon Feb 5 06:01:28 MST 2018

Hello Joe,

as I'm reading from the screenshots (you can confirm that): You selected
the MS-DOS partition table and bootloader installation into MBR.

This is scenario which really _usually_ works; GRUB's code can be put
into the ext2 partition (in your case as /boot), which may not be always
reliable.

That's why we better show a warning; if you know what you are doing, you
can override it and continue installation - and in many cases it will
work, we just cannot guarantee that.

Adding the additional BIOS Boot partition is a safer solution, you don't
need to put the GRUB code into the ext2 filesystem and reference it via
block numbers.

Jiri