[sle-beta] SLED15 Beta6 Observations

Malcolm malcolmlewis at cableone.net
Thu Feb 8 08:03:32 MST 2018

On Thu, 8 Feb 2018 11:32:43 +0100
Vincent Moutoussamy <vmoutoussamy at suse.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> > On 7 Feb 2018, at 02:17, Malcolm <malcolmlewis at cableone.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hi All
> > Had a bit a difficulty with this release compared to previous...
> >
> > HP Notebook 14-an013ar with eMMC (32GB) and 120GB SSD, dual boot
> > with Windows 10
> >
> > Had issues selecting wayland or X11 GNOME desktop, installer
> > was not happy so just went with a basic desktop.
>
> What are those issues exactly?

If selected the wayland option and proceeded, when at the summary page
it could not use this pattern.

> > After this  the
> > install was not happy that /boot/efi/EFI/boot and sled folders
> > existed on /dev/sda1 ef00 partition and would not install the efi
> > files, booted to a rescue system and removed the directories. I
> > used the expert partition and also noted the drop down list does
> > not contain /boot/efi as a mount point option even though it knows
> > it's an efi partition.
> >
> > After this install of efi files etc went fine and installed as
> > above.
> >
> > After reboot expected to see the Windows 10 entry in grub like
> > Beta5, however discovered that os-prober is missing so need to
> > press the F9 key and select if want to boot to winX.
>
> Well it seems this could be reproduced, could you please try to
> reproduce it and open a bug report?

Bug bsc#1080082 opened for efi folder/file issue.
Bug bsc#1080084 opened for os-prober package missing.

> > Then had to install the gnome_basic pattern manually.
> >
> > As an aside, sensors package and the amdgpu kernel module (it's
> > enabled in the config bsc#1069343) are not present.
>
> Please add your comment on bsc#1069343!

I've reopened the bug report and added comments about the amdgpu.ko
missing.

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE Leap 42.3 | GNOME 3.20.2 | 4.4.104-39-default