[sle-beta] beta7 on Arm

Czanik, Péter peter.czanik at balabit.com
Fri Feb 23 02:38:21 MST 2018

Hi,

Just a few notes from installing SLES 15 beta7 on a SoftIron Aarch64
machine.

Installation is done through the serial console. The default 80x24 console
proved to be too small in a few cases. For example buttons were not
available on the repo selection screen. A 132x43 console works perfectly.

I already had partitions on the machine so at first I wanted to utilize the
existing partitions. The advanced partitioner kept saying me on exit that I
need to create a /boot/efi partition even when it was already there. When I
exited anyway YaST crashed a few steps later with some mounting related
error messages.

Now I'm doing a fresh installation deleting all previous partitions...

Bye,

Peter Czanik (CzP) <peter.czanik at balabit.com>
Balabit / syslog-ng upstream
https://syslog-ng.com/blog/author/peterczanik/