[sle-beta] Desktop Applications Module and rpmbuild

Vincent Moutoussamy vmoutoussamy at suse.com
Mon Jan 22 07:30:43 MST 2018

Hi,

> On 19 Jan 2018, at 23:41, Bong Koo <bkoo at THALESESEC.NET> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have installed a VM with SLES15-Beta4 and registered it.
> During installation, I can’t add ‘Development Tools Module’.

Please be more specific with “can’t add Development Tools Module”:
- Did you register during the installation?
- apart from "Development Tools Module”, were the rest of
the modules fine to be added?
- What was the error message?

> Can I get help on installing it ?

Could you please copy/paste the output of the following command:
$ sudo zypper lr

> Anyway, after installation, I tried to install ‘gcc’ with ‘zypper’.
> But, ‘rpmbuild’ can not be installed again.
> What is the best way to install it ?

gcc is in the "SLE-Module-Basesystem15-Pool”, so you don’t need the Development
Tools for this package. But rpm-build is in the Development Tools Module.
So we need to find the root cause of your online channels registration but you
can also manually add the “Packages” DVD as a repository via yast/zypper.

> Regards,
> Bong

Vincent Moutoussamy
SUSE Beta Program and SDK Project Manager