[sle-beta] [ANNOUNCE] SUSE Linux Enterprise 15 Gold Master Candidate is out!

SUSE Beta Program beta-programs at lists.suse.com
Thu Jun 7 10:55:34 MDT 2018

Here it comes! Gold Master Candidate of SUSE Linux Enterprise 15:
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Just Enough Operating System(JeOS),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability (SLE-HA),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension (SLE-WE)
  and SUSE Linux Enterprise High Performance Computing (SLE-HPC)

Download[1]

== Important Notice
=Gold Master Candidate
We are near the end of the SLE 15 Public Beta Program. Our Gold Master Candidate
phase is the last phase of our internal development. **HOWEVER this GMC provided is still
considered as a BETA version!**.
Issues reported on a GMC will be considered to be fixed by maintenance updates
post release of the final version of SLE 15.

=Packages DVD
When using Packages DVD to install SLE modules, please make sure to also add the
Product repository you are installing (SLES / SLED / HA / ...) from Packages DVD.
Not doing so might result in missing system roles during installation.

=Notable changes
- Migration from SLE 12 to SLE 15:
Please refer to our new "Upgrade Guide" available as a beta documentation[2]

=Package changes
- Added packages:
amazon-ecs-init, apparmor-rpm-macros, cf-cli , cloud-netconfig-azure,
cloud-netconfig-ec2,davfs2, ddclient, gnu-free-fonts,
gnu-unifont-legacy-bitmap-fonts, kiwi-templates-SLES15-JeOS, libbitmask,
libcpuset, libldap-legacy, python-neutronclient, raleway-fonts,
release-notes-sle_hpc, rpcsvc-proto, rubygem-asciidoctor, sazanami-fonts, sbl,
SLE_HPC-release, sle-module-cap-tools-release, tftpboot-installation-common,
update-desktop-files, zypper-docker,

- Removed packages:
gnome-user-share, release-notes-sles_hpc, SLES_HPC-release, xf86-input-void,
xorg-x11-driver-input

- Updated packages (selection):
Around 178 packages were updated mostly security and bug fixes.
Please check our changelog[9] for more details.

== More information
SLE Beta Page[4]
Release Notes[5]
Known Issues[6]

  Your SUSE Linux Enterprise Team

== Beta Program
Please refer to our dedicated SLE Beta Program webpage[1] for any general
information. However, do not hesitate to contact us at
beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you have any questions.

You received this email because you're signed up to get updates from us.
Please send an email to beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you want to
unsubscribe.

[1] https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#download
[2] https://susedoc.github.io/doc-sle/develop/SLES-upgrade/single-html/