[sle-beta] Desktop Tools module required by Development-Tools module?

Vincent Moutoussamy vmoutoussamy at suse.com
Fri Mar 2 03:29:32 MST 2018

Hi,

Well the "Development Tools module" contains more than just the usual toolchain
components (gcc, etc) there is gnome-builder for instance for an obvious
development tool with desktop dependencies.

And like Oliver said, the enablement of "Desktop Applications module” when
enabling the “Development Tools module" is done to avoid potential dependency
issues. It doesn’t mean it will install Desktop Applications without your
approval, it will only retrieve the necessary packages/dependencies if your
install a DevTools that has this requirement.

Have a nice day,

Vincent Moutoussamy
SUSE Beta Program and SDK Project Manager