[sle-beta] [ANNOUNCE] SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 4 GMC is out!

SUSE Beta Program beta-programs at lists.suse.com
Fri Nov 9 08:25:09 MST 2018

We are happy to announce SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 SP4 GMC:
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Server For SAP (SLES for SAP),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Just Enough Operating System (JeOS),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability (SLEHA),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension (SLEWE),
  and SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit (SLESDK).
Download[2]

== Gold Master Candidate
With our Gold Master Candidate milestone we are close to the end of the SLE 12
SP4 Public Beta Program because it's the last milestones during the development
phase!

Please note that GMC version is still considered as a BETA!!! and should not be
used for production nor considered supported.

To use SLE 12 SP4 in production you will have to wait for the availability of
the Gold Master version and use the Gold Master (GM) isos!

Of course any issues reported on previous milestones (like RC) which do not have
a fix included in GMC or issues reported directly on GMC will be considered to
be fixed by Maintenance Updates post release of the final version of SLE 12 SP4.

As a reminder, you can check the schedule for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 4 at[6].

== Notable changes since RC 2
- Resync with latest maintenance updates
- Add missed MLX PMDs in dpdk
- Preparation for gcc8 availability in toolchain module
- Many nvdimm fixes added to kernel
- Switch to postgresql10

== More informations
SLE Beta Page[1]
Release Notes[5]

We are thankful for your support in trying out our beta products and we welcome
your feedback.

Have fun beta testing!

  Your SUSE Linux Enterprise Team

  Please refer to our dedicated SLE Beta Program webpage[1] for any general
  information. However, do not hesitate to contact us at
  beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you have any questions.

  You received this email because you're signed up to get updates from us.
  Please send an email to beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you want to
  unsubscribe.

[1]https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/
[2]https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#download