[sle-beta] [ANNOUNCE] SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 4 RC 2 is out!

SUSE Beta Program beta-programs at lists.suse.com
Fri Oct 12 09:11:37 MDT 2018

We are happy to announce SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 SP4 RC 2:
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Server For SAP (SLES for SAP),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Just Enough Operating System (JeOS),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop (SLED),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability (SLEHA),
  SUSE Linux Enterprise Workstation Extension (SLEWE),
  and SUSE Linux Enterprise Software Development Kit (SLESDK).
Download[2]

== Release Candidate Phase
In the Release Candidate Phase we are more strict about changes.
Thus we are limiting changes to bug fixes and security vulnerabilities. Of course
the goal is to focus on stability since the we are closer and closer to
the release date of the final version.

As a reminder, you can check the schedule for SUSE Linux Enterprise 12 Service Pack 4 at[6].

== Notable changes since RC 1
Added packages:
- jeos-firstboot and jeos-licenses (SDK)

Updated packages:
- various kernel and yast2 fixes
- kiwi v7.04.46
- Mariadb 10.2.18
- multipath-tools 0.7.3+101+suse.9979603
- smt 3.0.37
- wicked 0.6.50

Removed packages:
None

As always, not ALL changes is listed in this email, for a complete list,
please check [4].

== Known issues
SLE*
Not all translations are available yet.

SLES
- Some issues are seen in key generation / handling when using FIPS mode
- JeOS: btrfs subvolume layout is incorrect on SLES12-SP4-JeOS.x86_64-12.4-kvm-and-xen-RC2.qcow2. However the other images are not affected (bsc#1111529).
We already have a fix for it but it was submitted too late for RC2, but will
be integrated in the next milestone. We are deeply sorry for the inconvenience.

SLED/SLEWE
- some CJK fonts might be missing on the media (bsc#1111607)

== More informations
SLE Beta Page[1]
Release Notes[5]

We are thankful for your support in trying out our beta products and we welcome
your feedback.

Have fun beta testing!

  Your SUSE Linux Enterprise Team

  Please refer to our dedicated SLE Beta Program webpage[1] for any general
  information. However, do not hesitate to contact us at
  beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you have any questions.

  You received this email because you're signed up to get updates from us.
  Please send an email to beta-programs at lists.suse.com if you want to
  unsubscribe.

[1]https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/
[2]https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/#download