[sle-beta] --Allow-Vendor-Change

Waite, Dick (External) Dick.Waite at softwareag.com
Mon Feb 10 12:31:08 MST 2020

Grand Evening,

I did spend a few hours cleaning up a SLES12 SP-5 machine. Took a breakpoint and then gave it to Install to create SLES15 SP-2 Beta.

It did go well but there were still over 100 requests to "vendor change". This time I did do it by hand, but having to do this for 40 machines a few times during the next months is not going to happen. "migrate" has a grand option --allow-vendor-change and I'm sure the wise people of SUSE could get the same option running for the "Update" function. I have put in my half day to show it's working, now over to a young person to do their bit ;o)

All my basic Adabas application check passed, it's looking like SLES15 is going to fly in 2020.

Having a lot of fun....

__R