[sle-beta] regarding /etc/SuSE-release file

Arun Singh Arun.Singh at suse.com
Mon Jul 13 14:51:33 MDT 2020

Hello Suresh,

  *   when an upgrade is being done from SLES 15 SP1 to SELS15 SP2 GMC, the /etc/SuSE-release from SLES15 SP1 remains on the system.

This file should not be there on SLES15 system. I have system upgraded from SLES15, SLES15 SP1 to SLES15 SP2 & no trace of this file.

In fact we have advised all SUSE ISV/IHV's to adjust their code for newer /etc/os-release.

Possibly someone manually created this file. Can you please post content of your /etc/SuSE-release file?

Thanks,
Arun