SUSE-SU-2021:1914-1: moderate: Security update for libopenmpt
sle-security-updates at lists.suse.com
sle-security-updates at lists.suse.com
Wed Jun 9 16:45:46 UTC 2021
SUSE Security Update: Security update for libopenmpt
Announcement ID: SUSE-SU-2021:1914-1
SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Desktop Applications 15-SP3
SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Desktop Applications 15-SP2
An update that contains security fixes can now be installed.
This update for libopenmpt fixes the following issues:
Various bugfix and stability issues were fixed, some of those might have
libopenmpt was updated to 0.3.28:
* Fixed excessive memory consumption with malformed files in various
Changes in 0.3.27:
* AMS: Avoid allocating excessive amount of memory for compressed song
message in malformed files.
* S3M: Some samples were imported with a too high sample rate if module
was saved with Scream Tracker 3.
Changes in 0.3.26:
* DMF: Improve import of finetune effect with parameters larger than +/-15.
Changes in 0.3.25:
* AMS: An upper bound for uncompressed sample size is now established to
avoid memory exhaustion from malformed files.
* MO3: Avoid certain ModPlug hacks from being fixed up twice, which could
lead to e.g. very narrow pan swing range for old OpenMPT IT files saved
with a recent MO3 encoder version.
* IMF: Instrument sample mapping was off by one octave, notable in the
guitar part of Astaris by Karsten Koch.
* PLM: Percentage offset (Mxx) was slightly off.
Changes in 0.3.24:
* PP20: The first few bytes of some files were not decompressed properly,
making some files unplayable (depending on the
Changes in 0.3.23:
* IT: Global volume slides with both nibbles set preferred the âslide
upâ nibble over the âslide downâ nibble in old OpenMPT versions,
unlike other slides. Such old files are now imported correctly again.
* IT: Fixed an edge case where, if the filter hit full cutoff / no
resonance on the first tick of a row where a new delayed note would be
triggered, the filter would be disabled even though it should stay
active. Fixes trace.it by maddie.
* XM: Out-of-range arpeggio clamping behaviour broke in OpenMPT
1.23.05.00. The arpeggios in Binary World by Dakota now play correctly
* S3M: Support old-style sample pre-amp value in very early S3M files.
* S3M: Only force-enable fast slides for files ST 3.00. Previously, any
S3M file made with an ST3 version older than 3.20 enabled them.
* M15: Improve tracker detection heuristics to never assume SoundTracker
2.0 if there is a huge number of Dxx commands, as that is a definite
hint that they should be treated as volume slides. Fixes Monty On The
Run by Master Blaster.
Changes in 0.3.22:
* IT: Disable retrigger with short notes quirk for modules saved with
Chibi Tracker, as it does not implement that quirk.
* MOD: Fix early song ending due to ProTracker pattern jump quirk (EEx +
Dxx on same row) if infinite looping is disabled. Fixes Haunted
Tracks.mod by Triace.
* MOD: Vibrato type âramp downâ was upside down.
Changes in 0.3.21:
* IT: Vibrato was too fast in Old Effects mode since libopenmpt 0.3.
* XM: Treat 8bitbubsyâs FT2 clone exactly like Fasttracker 2 with
respect to compatibility and playback flags. For example, FT2 Pan Law
was not applied.
* DMF: Some files had a wrong tempo since libopenmpt 0.2.5705-beta15.
To install this SUSE Security Update use the SUSE recommended installation methods
like YaST online_update or "zypper patch".
Alternatively you can run the command listed for your product:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Desktop Applications 15-SP3:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Desktop-Applications-15-SP3-2021-1914=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Desktop Applications 15-SP2:
zypper in -t patch SUSE-SLE-Module-Desktop-Applications-15-SP2-2021-1914=1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Desktop Applications 15-SP3 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Module for Desktop Applications 15-SP2 (aarch64 ppc64le s390x x86_64):
More information about the sle-security-updates